Hello everyone! This is Trinity here! So, we all have those days when we just can’t seem to pay attention when someone is praying. Sure, we’re folding our hands and closing our eyes, but it’s really difficult not to let your mind wander. I’m going to share with you my tips to help get focused when someone else is praying.
- Repeat the words. When I have a hard time listening, I repeat the words that the person is saying after they say them. That way, I know exactly what they are saying and repeat them to Jesus.
- Imagine Jesus. I imagine Jesus when someone is praying also, so I don’t have other images flashing through my head. Imagine Jesus sitting on his throne, with a crown on his head.
- Close your eyes. Many of you already do, but if you don’t, it really does help, because then you aren’t looking around the room instead of paying attention to the prayer.
- Fold your hands completely. This may be obvious, but again, it helps you stay focused so you aren’t feeling around or anything. When I don’t fold my hands, I’m always distracting myself by rubbing my fingers on my shirt or pants.
- Keep your feet planted on the floor. It doesn’t help to be tapping your foot to your favorite song while someone is speaking to God. No tapping or moving your feet aimlessly across the floor anymore, please.
And those are my five tips that I use when someone besides me is praying. Here are some verses below that I would like to include on prayer.
“Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.” Colossians 4:2
“Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.” Jeremiah 29:12
Thank you for reading my post, and I hope that these tips will come to mind when praying in the future.